MobiRoam places a high priority on the security of private information. We have developed this policy to inform you of how we manage your personal information and maintain its integrity and security.
MobiRoam is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and must comply with the National Privacy Principles.
The Spam Act 2003 prohibits unsolicited commercial electronic messaging, which covers emails, instant messaging, SMS and other mobile phone messaging. The message must be commercial in nature, must accurately identify the sender and include a way for the recipient to unsubscribe from similar messages in the future. The Australian Communications and Media Authority is responsible for enforcing the provisions of the Spam Act 2003.
With your express or inferred consent MobiRoam may send you commercial electronic messages from time to time. If you prefer not to receive these messages please let us know.
You can find more information about the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles on the Federal Privacy Commissioner’s website at www.privacy.gov.au.
If, on reading this policy, you would like more information please contact MobiRoam.
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
MobiRoam collects and holds a range of personal information gathered during the course of providing services and products, however, it strives to collect and hold only information that is relevant and necessary to each customer’s account. This information includes each customer’s:
- Email address
Purposes of Collection
MobiRoam may also use the information:
- To send newsletters to customers;
- To inform customers of products that can be purchased from MobiRoam;
- To inform customers of developments at MobiRoam and other services that it can provide.
MobiRoam will not disclose information about customers unless the disclosure:
- Is required for servicing or maintenance purposes or purposes that are related to providing customers with service and which would be reasonably expected;
- Is required or authorised by law;
- Is for purposes permitted under the Privacy Act; or
- Customers have consented to the disclosure.
Personal Information Quality
MobiRoam seeks to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete and up to date and relies on all customers to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about themselves as requested. If any information changes customers must promptly update the information to keep MobiRoam’s records accurate, current and complete.
Customers are requested to contact MobiRoam if they believe that any information is inaccurate or incomplete. MobiRoam will use reasonable efforts to ensure that all information is correct. If MobiRoam does not believe that any information is inaccurate or incomplete it will take reasonable steps to add a statement to the information that a customer believes is not accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Securing Personal Information
MobiRoam will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure, use or alteration and have the following security measures in place:
- Offices are properly supervised during work hours and securely locked after hours;
- Computers have password and virus protection;
- Offices are monitored regularly by a security service;
- MobiRoam website is protected by a firewall; and
- Employees all sign confidentiality agreements as part of beginning employment at MobiRoam.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Customers have a limited right to access personal information that MobiRoam holds about them. In certain circumstances MobiRoam may refuse a customer’s request to access and, if so, will give a reason for that refusal.
MobiRoam is not required to provide access if:
- Denying access is required or authorised by law; or
- Providing access would be unlawful.
Changes to this Statement
Post: PO Box 903 MT LAWLEY 6929